We are seeking a high-energy, detail-oriented Senior Project Manager with experience leading commercial projects from pre-construction through to client delivery. The ideal candidate will be instrumental in the company’s continued growth and success and will have the ability to design a personalized career track and participate in professional development opportunities that supports their career aspirations.
Reporting to the company’s owners, this role is responsible for the following:
- PROJECT PLANNING AND COORDINATION: Plan and coordinate all aspects of the pre-construction and construction process, including obtaining permits, estimating, bidding, hiring of subcontractors, working with owners, architects, and vendors. Solicit and obtain bids, identifying qualified subcontractors. Negotiate price and scope. Perform post-bid subcontractor buyout. Draft subcontractor agreements and purchase orders.
- PROJECT OVERSIGHT: Run assigned projects to ensure safety, quality, schedule, and budget goals are met or exceeded. Assess and analyze financial consequences and impact to project budgets due to change orders and changes to scope. Prepare cash flow projections, and ensure accurate job forecasting. Coordinate site visits with Superintendent and monitor construction progress on a regular basis. Coordinate with all state, county, and city municipalities. Occasional regional travel might be required.
- CLIENT SATISFACTION AND RELATIONSHIP DEVELOPMENT: Create raving fans for repeat business. In all communication, develop strong relationships with the Spiegelglass team, including staff, clients, sub-contractors, and more. Build trust throughout these interactions while exceeding client and team satisfaction.
Additional Skills and Experience desired include:
- – 10+ years commercial construction project management experience in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, service-oriented environment.
- – Strong business acumen, including an understanding of construction project cost, schedule and forecasting.
- – Experience with ground up and tenant finish remodeling in the retail and restaurant industries is strongly preferred.
- – Construction-related Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- – Experience managing multiple projects is preferred.
- – Exceptional work ethic with a desire to complete tasks on schedule with excellence.
- – Flexible and willing to make difficult decisions quickly.
- – Bright, confident self-starter with high attention to detail.
- – Highly proficient with computers, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- – Willing to learn new project management software program.