We are seeking a high-energy, detail-oriented Business Administration Intern who is eager to learn on the job. The ideal candidate will have some experience in a construction office and be a rising junior or senior with several business administration and/or construction management courses completed.
This role is responsible for the following:
- -Assisting with preparing estimates, proposals and bid invitations
- -Assisting project managers and owners with various aspects of the construction process
- -Making outgoing calls to subcontractors
- -Preparing bills, purchase orders, contracts and invoices, and documenting in cloud-based software
- -Coordinating and documenting office management systems and procedures
Additional skills and experience
- -Strong desire to roll sleeves up and gain experience in business administration and operations within a commercial construction office
- -Tech-savvy with a high comfort level working in software programs
- -Go-getter mentality, willing to figure out solutions to problems and make recommendations on strategies to increase efficiencies
- -Ability to multi-task and work on deadlines
- -High level of organization and professionalism
- -Strong attention to detail with a focus on accuracy
- -Excited to be part of a fast-faced, multi-tasking, service-oriented environment
- -Student seeking a business administration or construction management-related Bachelor’s degree preferred
- -Rising junior or senior with several business administration and/or construction management-related courses completed preferred
- -Previous experience in a construction office (general contractor, subcontractor, etc.) preferred
- -Proficiency and a high comfort level with technology, software and computers, including Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
Ready to Apply?
If you are interested, qualified and ready to take the next step, please submit your resume and optional cover letter here or email email@example.com.